After over 2 years of laughter yoga on zoom, IRL (In Real Life) sessions are back.
How have we evolved?
What have we learnt?
What are the differences?
First, the similarities. Loosening up the body works well both on zoom and IRL. It works well because we enjoy it and as we start to feel good, we relax. As we relax we start to smile and with a little bit of encouragement, we start to laugh.
Breathing into our body works well in both scenarios too. It is lovely to follow the invitation to be aware of our breathing and how this induces further relaxation and enjoyment. (The only exception is those for whom the inner exploration is uncomfortable). The deepening relaxation and increased enjoyment create a noticeable energy wave like a sea swell building in strength.
Body and breath become a duet. Sighing and gently swaying like a tree in the breeze become energising, increasingly light, and playful, either with eyes open, half-open or closed.
This is the heart of generating our own sunshine. We relax into the moment and notice how we are enjoying the experience. By this stage in self-selected sessions, anyone who is uncomfortable with present-moment awareness has left, maybe 1%. For the remaining 99%, everyone is starting to surf their own energy wave.
This is where the magic happens – connection.
Connecting with a physical fellow human being is a risk which some cultures find challenging. However, when we choose to do so (especially when encouraged by careful invitation), the outburst of joy is tangible as well as audible. Easy free-flowing natural joyful laughter happens spontaneously as we feel as well as see & hear the laughter.
There is an easy, natural surge in playfulness & creativity as we relax into this connection and when it is carefully managed, it becomes a peak experience.
Zoom has many benefits, as we all know, but the relaxation, joy, interaction and connection we experience in ‘Live’ sessions is irreplaceable.
What’s your experience?
Do you want to train in laughter yoga?
Or have a ‘refresher’ and learn a new and very interactive teaching style?
Details of the 14/15th May course are HERE.
Do you want to join the next ‘Laughter Yoga for Joy’ Masterclass, 28th May? Contact me for details.
Stay in touch on facebook: laughteryogaforjoy